Raffrey Presbyterian Church is a member of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland and is located between the towns of Saintfield and Killyleagh in County Down. It has shared the gospel in this corner of God's Kingdom since 1843.
Our minister is the Reverend Brian Small and our clerk of session is Thomas Robinson, who leads our Kirk Session. Our elders are Alistair Campbell, Ian Jackson, William Jackson, John Martin, Billy McClements, William Morrow, Mervyn Murdock, Harry Spratt and Eric Thompson.
The Church Secretary is Stephen Gibson and our Treasurer is Eric Thompson.
Clerk of Session
Get to Know Us
We believe the Bible is the written Word of God, inerrant and inspired by the Holy Spirit. It is the revelation of God’s truth and is the authority in all matters of faith and practice.
We believe in the Trinity. There is only one God and He exists eternally in three persons. He is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe that all have sinned and are completely unable to save themselves from the wrath of God, except by His sovereign grace and forgiving mercy. We believe that salvation originates from God alone as He chooses those He will save.
We believe that God’s choice is based upon His sovereign grace and not upon human goodness.
We believe that God is kind, merciful and gracious to His people as is seen in the fulfilment of His covenant promises.
We believe in the Person of the Holy Spirit and that He resides in God’s people.
We believe that He imparts the strength and the wisdom to turn from sin, repent, believe the gospel, trust Christ and follow Him.
We believe that Jesus died on the cross, rose again from the dead and He will return personally, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His own chosen people to Himself.
We believe that all areas of our lives are to be lived faithfully to God’s glory and under the authority and leadership of Jesus Christ.
Why do we believe what we believe?
We base our beliefs on God's Word, the Bible. Here are some helpful Bible verses to consider that we use to base our faith upon: -
1. That Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God who died for our sins and arose from the dead. (see 1 Corinthians 15:1-8);
2. That the Bible is the inspired Word of God – a lamp unto our feet and light unto our path. We believe it is authoritative in every dimension of life. (see 2 Timothy 3:16);
3. That forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as Saviour and Lord. (see John 3:16);
4. That those accepting Christ should repent of sin, confess their faith and follow Christ (see Romans 10:9);
5. That the church is the body of Christ on earth and exists to evangelise the lost and edify the believers.(see Ephesians 4:1-16); and
6. That Jesus Christ will one day return to earth and reign forever as King of Kings and Lord of Lords (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).